Saturday, 18 March 2017

WALL ART

WALL ART


Hi All


This is my entry to the latest challenge at PaperArtsy,' Doors, Windows and Architecture'. As I don't have any stamps featuring the above (at least none I could find in my chaotic craft room!!) so the first challenge was thinking of whether I could think of anything to do for it that did not involve buying more stamps!! Not that I am in any was against buying new 'pretties' but I have promised myself no new stuff until I can get into my craft room...sadly true. This is a major problem as I hate tidying and loovvve new pretties!

Anyhoo, one of my favourite mixed media artists is Seth Apter and thanks to PaperArtsy I have been lucky enough to attend a couple of his workshops. I love his paint techniques and decided to try and adapt one for this challenge, I have a brick stencil...brainwave....bricks are architectural....I'll do a brick wall. What I was going to do with the wall I had no further clue but it was a start!!

I should say that this will be my second challenge entry as my first idea is still a work in progress and has a long way to go. Now to get messy!!

Ingredients

Tag
Gesso
Stencil
Fresco Paints
Black Archival Ink
Matt Medium
Assorted Images
Posca Paint Pens


I started with a clothing label which I gessoed as it had lettering on it which I did not want to show through, after all who wants to know I buy all my clothes from Gucci...OK, all who know me can stop laughing and get off the floor!!

Once dry I then added Grunge paste through the stencil. Love this paste as it dries pretty rapidly and one of my pet hates and frustrations is drying time.


I then put one coat of paint (concrete) on the tag.


I then put some Slate on a piece of scrap card and spread it around with my finger... because I didn't want to wash brushes... lazy or what?



I then slapped the piece of card onto the tag. When the paint on the card had dried a little (which is very quick with Frescos depending on the thickness of the paint layer) I pressed the card more firmly onto the tag producing the effect you see below.


I carried on doing this, alternating between colours till I achieve the effect I wanted, the colours being Concrete, Slate, Terracotta and Mud Splat.



As a final finish I dry brushed Little Black Dress over the whole tag, focusing on the brick areas.


I liked the slate blotches on the tag and this gave me the idea of doing a graffiti style. So I then found some graffiti images and image transferred them onto the tag using matt medium. I also used a Jofe stamp of a flower border to imitate graffiti style text.Not sure if this worked but I liked the effect.

I also added a collage element to give the effect of a torn, shabby poster/advert, painted on a heart and did some more scribbling with  my posca pens.


Tadah! Finished!!

Thanks for having a look and as usual all mistakes are proudly my own.

Happy messiness to you all.
Cheers xxxx

Sunday, 12 March 2017

Infusions Of Springtime

Infusions Of Springtime


Hi All

This is a triptych that I made for the Paperartsy Challenge ...  Paints and  Infusions Challenge. I love springtime and daffodils. The translucent Frescos and infusions together give the project a springtime feel to me, 

Ingredients

Gesso
Selection of vintage papers
Matt medium
Arch die cut shapes
Fresco paints in Snowflake, Inky Pool, Yellow Submarine and Limelight.
Infusions in Royal Blood, Emerald Isle and A Bit Jaded.
Black Archival ink
Archival ink in Forget Me Not
PaperArtsy stamps by Lin Brown, ELB29, ELB30 and ELB34
Gold paint
Black embossing powder
Tyvek


I gessoed the die cuts and then adhered some scraps of vintage papers using matt medium. While this was drying I sprinkled the infusions onto a plain piece of card and spritzed with water. When this was dry I heat embossed a selection of leaves from the Lin Brown stamps which I then cut out.


On the outer arch rims I applied paint using my finger.  I used the inky pool, lime light and yellow submarine. I then sprinkled on some infusions, spritzed with water and left it to dry naturally.


  Each full arch was painted in one of the three Fresco colours and I then put on a coating of metallic glaze on top.

When everything was dry I stamped on a variety of images using snowflake paint,  forget-me-not and black archival ink. I then added some white paint splatters.

I glued the arches together  and used Tyvek for the hinges (I had painted the part that would show in gold).

I then edged the arches in gold paint and glued on the leaves, some thread and some paper covered wire (can't remember the name for this...oops!!)

Finally I sprinkled a tiny amount of emerald isle infusions onto a piece of card, spritzed it with water and then brushed over it after which I stamped the words I wanted to use on top, cut them out and edged with black ink.


And...finished!!

As usual any mistakes are mine own and proud!
Happy messiness to you all.
xxxx