Friday 11 November 2016

LIVE LIFE LOUD


Hi Everyone,



This is the piece I have entered into the challenge.

I used the following products:

Canvas board
Fresco paints in Inky Pool
Concrete
Bubblegum Pink
Tango
 Eggplant
Yellow Submarine
Limelight
Glass Blue
London Bus
Beach Hut
Little Black Dress
Snowflake
Black Gesso
Archival Ink Pad in black
Andy Skinner stencil
PaperArtsy stencil 020 Emma Godfrey
Grungeboard letters
Glue

To start I covered the board in black gesso. This is my go to gesso as I find it easier make a project lighter rather than start of with a white background although with this technique it does not matter what your base colour is within reason. Apart from canvas board I love using cereal packets and I don't always gesso them so sometimes my background will be grey or kraft coloured...all work.

An apology here for the poor photos. I started this project as a quick run thru for a friend, so was not intending to blog it. Then I thought I may as well get more blogging practice in!!

Also a big acknowledgement to Seth Apter and his fabulous techniques and inspiration. I now 'sethify' on a frequent basis! See...I even invent new words!! OK back on track...

Right once the gesso was dry I picked two colours to do my background. I find that using a dark and a light colour work best for me.I used Inky Pool and Concrete. I poured a litte of both directly on the board and spread them with my brush, trying to keep them in two distinct areas. I then scribbled through the paint with the end on my paint brush...very randomly.



I repeated this process for another two layers, alternating where I put the paint, ie, dark on light then light on dark. At this stage it won't look like much but keep going...



Next I put a little of each paint onto pieces of embossed wallpaper, roughly brushed the paint over it and then dabbed the paper onto my painted board,,,,again, in a random pattern. I also used corrugated card. I alternated applying the colours until I was happy with the background.



Next I edged the board in black using the archival ink. I stencilled stars onto the background using Snowflake after which I stencilled the figure using Little Black Dress.


I then painted the stars in a variety of colours and some grungeboard letters that would be part of my quote.


Finally I used a black pen to scribble round the stars and parts of the background and glued on my quote....Tadah!!

Thank you for popping over and having a look. 
Happy messiness to you all xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment