Sunday 23 July 2017

Artie Aqua

ARTIE AQUA


Hi All

This is my entry for the fabby PaperArtsy blog. The current theme is Aqua and I decided to do a canvas.

Ingredients

A canvas board (this one is 8 x 8)
Gelli plate (one used 3 x 5)
Brayer
Masks
Stamps PaperArtsy EAB02, Carabelle Studios Scribbled leafs and Textured circles
Archival ink in Cobalt and Manganese Blue
Fresco paints in Beach Hut, Mermaid, Glass Blue, Caribbean Sea and Midnight
White tissue paper
Matt medium

Recipe

First of all I added the paint to my canvas. I brayered each colour onto my Gelli plate and then pressed the plate directly onto the canvas. I have my plate on a thin acrylic sheet which gives it more stability but it can be used without. Also you can use any size Gelli plate for this but you would have to take a bit of time deciding where on the plate to put the paint.


I chose to put the paint in a random pattern onto the canvas, starting with the lightest colour. I used all the colours except Midnight and Blue Glass at this stage.

Next I did a second layer altering the places I put down the Gelli  plate so that I had overlapping areas of colour and shapes.I used the same colours again. I used very thin layers of paint as I wanted some of the white of the canvas to show through and a soft effect.

When this was dry (in about 2 seconds!!)  I put a mask on the Gelli and brayered Glass Blue paint over the top, trying to ensure my mask did not move...eek!! I then removed the mask and pressed the plate onto the canvas. I also pressed the mask onto the canvas, paint side down of course (needs mentioning for those like me out there who forget to do that and get a very painty hand!!) which gives a very slight impression and adds a bit more texture. I guess you could also brayer the mask  and apply it that way and I think it would give a deeper impression...must try that myself. Oh, don't forget to put a piece of scrap paper over the mask first to stop it smearing!



I  then stamped some leaves from Carabelle Studio onto the tissue paper using the Archival ink. These were then adhered to the canvas with the matt medium.


After this I applied some Midnight to another Carabelle stamp and stamped onto the canvas. 

Finally I stamped out my sentiment from the new Alison Bomber collection from PaperArtsy EAB02 using black Archival ink, cut it out, edged it in black, attached to canvas....Tadah!!


Thanks for dropping by. Happy messiness to you all xxxxx



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your structured composition, horizonal, vertical, beautiful placement! That ticks ALL the boxes for me too!!! I know we are often messy in many other ways Tricia but this looks perfect! Love the blocks! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! Such fabulous layers & imagery. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your work Tricia, you need to blog them more, Thankful you share them on Instagram!! Fabulous backgrounds.. Hugs & warm wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete