Tuesday, 5 April 2016
Well, thus far my adventures in Blogland have been a bit of a nightmare both for me and the brave souls who have been trying to bring me into the 21st century!! So firstly a huge thank you to Debbie Whatley and Carol Fox for their hours of help and undying patience....I'm really going to be spending a fortune on flowers now!! Secondly, all the mistakes are of my own making....there will be loads!
So, having consumed copious amounts of coffee (should have added rum...lots of rum...) and as a way of avoiding the rest of the housework I'm posting a wee index card on which I practiced using masking fluid as a resist for the PaperArtsy blog challenge on...resists! You can find details of the challenge here...http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/04/2016-topic-7-resists-challenge.html
OMG...I think I've done it....added a link...woohoo!
1 index card
masking fluid...fineliner application type
selection of PaperArtsy Fresco paints and Decoart media range paints.
fingers...one will do.
I painted the card with Fresco paint in Mermaid. Adore this colour! Dried it with my heat gun. Then I applied clear gesso on top and dried this layer. When it was completely dry I then applied the masking fluid in what I hoped was an arty way....then waited for it to dry...and waited ....had coffee...waited...
When it was finally dry I applied paint over the masking fluid. I used a mix of colours, mainly dark blues, wiping some away with a wet wipe, drying in between layers.
Finally....rubbing off the masking fluid with my finger....very useful tool. Thankfully I have several as the first one I used got worn out.
Oh yes, then printed out some words and glued them onto the card after edging them with black Archival ink.
Some of the words come from a wonderful song by Bruce Cockburn, 'The Whole Night Sky'.
So that's it....if you read this far, thank you very much.
Dim bulb moment today.....spending five minutes trying to open a bin bag from the wrong end!